The National Center for Diabetes, Endocrinology and Genetics is an independent non-profit organization. NCDEG was established in 1996 as one of the centers affiliated by the Higher Council for Science and Technology. The main goal of NCDEG is providing quality health care, education and training in the fields of diabetes, endocrinology and genetics.
- Proposing a fully integrated organization of specialized health care for diseases of diabetes, endocrine glands and genetics in both the public & private sectors in cooperation with the public & private medical institutions.
- Cooperation with concerned sectors & bodies to update the level of medical care for diseases of diabetes, endocrine glands and genetic diseases.
- Conducting scientific research & studies to identify the causes of the diseases included under the provisions of this By-law, their treatment and exploration of the means of their spread in the kingdom with a view to controlling their effects and reducing their complications within the framework of a comprehensive national program.
- Cooperation with the centers & institutions working in this field with the objective of getting to know all the research, new developments through local, Arab, international conferences & symposiums.
- Documentation of the research, studies, information & data related to the aims & objectives of the center.
- Encouragement of continuing medical education to specialists & workers in this field in order to attain the required professional level.
- Promotion of health education of the patients, their family members & citizens in general to identify the optimum manner of dealing with patients.
- Treatment of the diseases of diabetes, endocrine glands and genetics.